CIAŁO/UMYSŁ FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES A CALL
CIAŁO/UMYSŁ FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES A CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR ACTIVITES FOR IMPRESSKA ON THE OCCASION OF THE 20TH C / U
DATE OF THE ANNIVERSARY: 16-17.10.2021
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: UNTIL 31.03.2021
How to sum up the twenty editions of the Ciało/Umysł Festival? How to present its development? In the number of shows, performances, Polish and foreign artists? In the number of viewers or maybe hours of official and backstage talks? How to measure the depth of emotions, the weight of reflections and the intensity of meetings with people and with art? We encourage you to get to know the history of the Festival through various forms of expression that will allow you to look at the past in new ways.
Impresska on the occasion of the 20th C / U is organized as an interdisciplinary and internally diverse event, forming a part of the 20th edition of Ciało/Umysł Festival. Similarly to the entire Festival itself, Impresska will based on the past: on what it really was (whatever that means!), on how it was remembered and on what you think of it today. We want to shake the archives of the memory, see the past events from a different perspective and understand them anew.
We invite you to submit applications for various forms: lectures, spectacles, performances, micro-workshops, films, photography presentations, performative walks, site-specific activities, meditations, concerts and others. Activities can take place both indoors and outdoors. Presentations, documentations, analyses, remixes, reinterpretations - all proposals will be considered. The subject of the activities should revolve around the previous editions of the Festival: its program, impact, related experiences, reflections and experiences. Both cross-sectional views as well smaller sections of selected areas are welcome.
Date of the event: 16-17.10.2021
Place: Komuna//Warszawa, ul. Emilii Plater 31
- proposals for activities should be submitted via the form available at: link,
- deadline for applications: March 31, 2021, 11.59 pm,
- recruitment results will be sent out by April 29,
- the activities will be remunerated,
- people from outside of Warsaw will be provided with accommodation,
- the submitted activities must be easy to assemble and disassemble, and possible to implement under basic technical conditions,
- the catalogs from previous editions of the Festival will be made available to all those willing to refresh their memory,
- detailed rules of application are presented in the attached regulations. Submitting the application is tantamount to accepting the regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: call regulations
The event is held as part of the 20th Ciało/Umysł Festival. The project is co-financed by the Capital City of Warsaw and from the funds of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage from the Culture Promotion Fund.
Artistic director of the Festival: Edyta Kozak.
Managing Director: Anna Szaniawska
Curator of the Impresska: Joanna Szymajda
The Selection Committee of Impresska: Małgorzata Haduch, Irmina Kalotka, Paweł Kamiński, Katarzyna Orzeszek-Koroblewska, Joanna Szymajda.
The members of the Committe were selected on the basis of the diversity of their individual knowledge and the complementarity of the experiences of the Commission as a whole.